Career development, a leading driver of business results and employee engagement, is too often viewed as a one time event at the end of the year. Careers however, are developed one conversation at a time, over time. Conversation is one of the most precious and results-driving commodities managers have to share.
Everyone wants and needs to grow — and employees want conversations that help them clarify what growth means to them, conversations that explore the future of the organization — a future that includes them!
I’m curious. Send me more information.
Based on the book Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go by Beverly Kaye and Julie Winkle Giulioni
Whether the single session or the series of four, participants will develop, practice and polish development-focused conversation skills in these highly engaging and interactive experience(s) as they explore:
What’s In It For Me? — The Business Case
The Framework for Conversations — Hindsight, Foresight and Insight
“If their work isn’t challenging, meaningful and focused on growth and development, talent will leave.”
– Beverly Kaye, Founder, Career Systems International
After completing the modules, participants will be able to:
- Understand the business case for and their role in career development
- Harness curiosity as a leadership competency
- Learn a practical framework for career conversations
- Practice the habit of asking powerful career questions
- Plan for career conversations with employees
- Activate real-time learning opportunities
- One flexible, interactive and fast-paced, high-level microLearning (mLearning) experience delivered in one-to-two hour sessions or
- A series of four (4) one-to-two hour Conversation Clinics delivered over time, taking leaders deeper into the concepts, applications, and practice of the three career conversations
- Multiple delivery methods: Instructor or Virtual Instructor-Led